Conventional Home Loans
- Low down payment required (3 percent minimum), however the Mortgage Insurance may be higher. 5 percent down is the norm.
- Mortgage insurance is required for loans exceeding 80 percent loan-to-value
- Conventional mortgage insurance is only monthly or single premium
- Conventional mortgage insurance will automatically end at 78 percent loan-to-value or can be requested to be removed when the loan-to value hits 80%
- Conventional mortgage insurance is credit sensitive
- Can go as low as 620 Credit score
- Conventional loans can cover much higher loan amounts
- Even though conventional loans may have higher interest rates, their monthly payments may still be lower.